Step by Step Instructions to Post
2. Hoot Categories: The first screen will show you different categories to choose from as a starting spot such as Announcements, Events, Questions, etc. In time, these will be more customized. For now, the only category that is customized is the Event category which will allow you to add a Start and End Date/Time. This will also automatically add your post to the calendar for you.
- Images - add one more multiple images to your post. You can either upload images, add an image via a URL, search for stock images or pull images from other software you may use like Instagram, Facebook, Google Drive, etc.
- Location - Add a location to your post in order to show a map on your hoot and allow people to get directions to the location.
- Buttons - Add a call to actions to your posts to direct people to an external site or to an email address.
- Colors - Use colors to help spice up posts or color code posts. We'll be allowing you to add custom colors in the future.
7. Tag the Post to a Collection(s) (Optional): Select from a Collection(s) that have been created by the admin(s) of your board. Collections make sure hoots get tagged and posted to the right category/topic on your board making it easier for others to find them later on.
8. Click on Post a Hoot. You should be all set to go. You can click on the small blue icon to refresh your board to see your post. Please note that file uploads require some extra processing time and take approximately 1-2 minutes to post.